Ingredients for 4 people:
For the risotto:
3 tbsp squid ink
2 litres vegetable broth
100 ml white wine
1 red onion
1 clove of garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
500 g risotto rice
100 g black tomatoes (such as indigo rose)
2 tsp black or green caviar
200 g frozen peas, thawed
For the cheese crackers:
100 g black cheese or Parmigiano-Reggiano
For the seafood (alternatively, chorizo):
100 g mussels (such as New Zealand mussels)
4 king prawns (gambas)
100 g baby octopus
100 g crayfish tails
Green leaves for the garnish (such as ‘gome wakame’ seaweed salad or coriander)
1. Bring vegetable broth, squid ink and the white wine to a boil in a large saucepan. Once boiled, set aside.
2. Peel the red onion and the garlic and chop both into fine cubes. Put the olive oil, butter, garlic and onion together into a pan and sauté at low heat for 5 to 6 minutes while constantly stirring.
3. Increase the heat and add the rice. Lightly brown the rice for another 2 minutes while stirring regularly.
4. Pour three ladles of the hot broth over the rice and simmer at medium heat. As soon as the liquid is nearly all evaporated and the risotto begins to thicken, add another 3 to 4 ladles of the broth and stir. Repeat this step until the broth has completely evaporated. The less stirring during the process, the better the result will be.
5. Wash the black tomatoes, remove stems, cut into cubes and fold into the risotto.
6. Meanwhile, prepare the cheese crackers. Finely grate the black cheese and form into small piles on a baking paper covered baking tray. Bake the cheese until crisp at 165°C upper/lower heat for about 12 minutes.
7. To prepare the seafood, heat the rapeseed oil in a non-stick pan and sear the seafood at high heat while constantly turning for 5 to 6 minutes. If you’re not a seafood fan, spicy chorizo also goes great with black risotto.
8. Fold the peas into the risotto and serve with the seafood, cheese crackers, caviar and some fresh coriander.
Siemens Home professional tip:
You have a Siemens Home steam cooker – or an oven with integrated steam cooking?
That’s fantastic, because the ‘risotto’ program will make it even easier to prepare this
Preparation time: approx. 45 minutes
Approx. nutritional values per portion:
Calories: 267 kcal
Joules: 1,119 kJ
Protein: 6 g
Fat: 11 g
Carbohydrates: 32 g
Thank you for submitting a comment! Your comment is being moderated and may take up to a few days to appear.